June Birthstone – The fun and fabulous Birthstones, Pearl, Moonstone and Alexandrite
- by shoprmc gems
The three June birthstones offer some great choices. These birthstones offer a fantastic range of choices for personal jewelry and excellent designs.
Each birthstone has a fascinating story:
- Pearl: The pearl is an actual prehistoric form of jewelry, in cultures around the world. Originating from coastal environments, pearls soon traveled inland as high-value jewelry and are found in all ancient cultures.
As a birthstone, pearl is a major cultural gem. Depending on different cultures, pearls have been considered "tears of heaven", dew drops, and coming from the brains of dragons. Pearls are typically associated with purity, innocence, and humility.
- Moonstone: Moonstone is an ancient stone, also found all around the world, in many different forms. The color range is from red to blue and includes beautiful translucent gemstones.
Moonstone also has many cultural legacies. The name comes from the idea that moonstones are solidified moonbeams. In Hindu culture, moonstone is also associated with fertility and good luck.
- Alexandrite: Alexandrite is a multi-colored gemstone, with different types and spectrums according to region. This extremely popular gemstone is often used for centerpieces in jewelry designs, with a very broad range of colors from which to choose.
Alexandrite is a very rare gemstone, changing in color according to lighting. As a birthstone, it represents a range of strong positive characteristics, including peace, hope, and fertility. The color changes represent changes in mood.
Finding your favorite birthstones online
These very popular birthstones are pretty easy to find online, but you will need to check prices, quality, and purchasing options.
We have a few tips for you:
- Pearls may be natural pearls or cultured pearls. Both are excellent gems but may be priced very differently. It’s therefore important to compare prices and quality before spending any money.
- Moonstone comes in an astonishing range of types and colors. Take the time to explore all your choices. You can find excellent deals, and save significant money on top quality gems. Moonstones are commonly sold in collections of types of cuts for custom jewelry.
- Alexandrite price ranges vary enormously, so be highly selective. Prices depend on size, quality of gemstone, and of course, style and cut. A good retail price for an 8 x 50mm 1.33 carat gemstone, for example, can be around $6000 or more. You should be able to find good discounts, as in the link above.
- Always check prices. When buying any type of gemstone, major suppliers are the best, quickest way to get a clear picture of prices. They also have larger ranges, and more options, so you can also find good prices.
- Be fussy. When buying online, you can always ask the suppliers about their offers and stock. If you’re looking for a special gemstone for a special person, they’ll be happy to help.
What sort of birthstone are you looking for?
If you’re trying to find top quality gemstones, and/or need a hand with finding the perfect stone, talk to RMC. We’re one of the world’s largest suppliers of gemstones, and we can help you with sourcing top quality gems at excellent prices. All you need to do is ask our friendly experts for any guidance you need.